The sleeping bag arrived today! It's enormous and heavy, not like what a backpacker would choose. It's a Wiggy's Superlight (synthetic) system of 2 bags, individually rated at +35 and 0 degrees F. Putting the heavier one inside the lighter makes the bag rated to -40 degrees (F or C, you choose). It's an unimaginative black but looks like it will do the trick. Will let you know!
About the recording equipment: Greg Lukens at Washington Professional Systems set me up with an Edirol R-09 and an audio-technica stereo mic, a 15-foot whirlwind cord to connect the two, and a specially-turned brass fitting that allows me to put the mic on top of my old camera tripod. It's a truly portable system, so I won't need a laptop, and it should survive transport at subzero temperatures. At least, that was one of the unusual specs I mentioned to Greg when he was putting this together. I could always keep it in an inner pocket...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment