We met with the Arts Council of Mongolia (thanks to a contact and networking in the States) - and I'm tickled that this project met with enthusiasm and support. We will be in touch with the Council after the recording trip to start reporting locally about the project, generating interest, and making further contacts among the cultural heritage and the language translation communities.
Meanwhile, I also spent some time wrapping my mind around being on the road in Khovsgol for 2 weeks.
Apparently the multiple clothing layers are key for time spent en route in the van. Hmm...
(Van = think Russian equivalent of VW bus... don't know if I mentioned that eariler.)
Another observation about UB: in this city of approximately 1 to 1.5 million, air pollution is surprisingly noticeable. Between the coal-fired power plants and the thousands of homes on the outskirts of town that are heated by wood fires, and the mountains that surround the city, the air settles in to stay. In that regard, it is not like the comparison with North Dakota, where I recall blue skies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment